HAVE YOUR SAY
6 February - 20 March 2018
About Infrastructure WA
Premier's media statement:Infrastructure WA will grow the economy, generate jobs and support communities -
6 February 2018
The State Government is seeking feedback on the proposal to establish Infrastructure WA, an independent body to provide expert advice to the Premier and Government on infrastructure needs and priorities in Western Australia.
This initiative seeks to improve infrastructure planning and decision-making to maximise the value to Western Australia from every dollar spent on infrastructure. This will create more certainty, a better environment for private sector investment, maximising our capacity to grow the economy and create jobs. The establishment of Infrastructure WA is a key element of the Government’s
Plan for Jobs.
Infrastructure WA’s proposed key roles and functions include:
- Developing a 20-year State Infrastructure Strategy as advice to Government
- Evaluating major Infrastructure proposals and advising government on infrastructure priorities
- Providing expert advice on infrastructure matters
- Supporting the work of agencies in developing their infrastructure plans
- Providing high-level advice on funding and financing models for infrastructure
- Coordinating Western Australia’s dealings with Infrastructure Australia
Further information on the proposal is provided in the documents below.
Infrastructure WA – Public Consultation Paper (pdf 2.17 MB)
Infrastructure WA – Fact Sheet (pdf 973 KB)
Infrastructure WA – Frequently Asked Questions (pdf 1.94 MB)
Submission form (pdf 154 KB)