Infrastructure WA latest news
On 23 July 2019, the Governor appointed the inaugural Infrastructure WA (IWA) Board, comprising government and non-government representatives. Mr John Langoulant AO was appointed as Chairperson. For more information, see the Premier’s media statement Inaugural Infrastructure WA Board appointed.
About Infrastructure WA
The establishment of IWA is a key election commitment as part of the Government’s
Plan for Jobs.
IWA’s purpose is to provide advice and assistance to the Government on infrastructure related matters. The primary focus for IWA in its initial stages will be the development of a 20-year State Infrastructure Strategy, which will identify infrastructure needs and priorities to support Western Australia’s growing population. This will provide the strategic direction required to encourage private sector investment, facilitate economic growth and create jobs.
Other functions of IWA include:
- Assessing and reporting on major government infrastructure proposals;
- Providing advice to government on infrastructure priorities;
- Providing expert advice on funding and financing options for infrastructure, as well as other infrastructure matters;
- Coordinating the State’s submissions to Infrastructure Australia; and
- Supporting the work of agencies in developing their infrastructure strategies, plans and policies.
IWA is governed by the
Infrastructure Western Australia Act 2019, which formally commenced on 24 July 2019. The Act is available for download at https://www.legislation.wa.gov.au/legislation/statutes.nsf/law_a147228.html
For more information on Infrastructure WA, see our Frequently Asked Questions
Public consultation on the proposed model was undertaken in February and March 2018. Consultation documents and summary are provided below:
Previous media statements
How to stay informed
To subscribe for updates or for any other enquiries on IWA, email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 6552 6620