About Infrastructure WA
Premier's media statement:Infrastructure WA Bill next step to growing the economy and creating jobs -
18 February 2019
The Infrastructure WA Bill 2019, to establish Infrastructure WA (IWA) as a statutory authority, will be introduced into Parliament in February 2019. The establishment of IWA is a key election commitment as part of the Government’s
Plan for Jobs.
IWA’s purpose will be to provide advice and assistance to the Government on infrastructure related matters. The primary focus for IWA in its initial stages will be the development of a 20-year State Infrastructure Strategy, which will identify infrastructure needs and priorities to support Western Australia’s growing population. This will provide the strategic direction required to encourage private sector investment, facilitate economic growth and create jobs.
Other functions of IWA include:
- Assessing and reporting on major government infrastructure proposals;
- Providing advice to government on infrastructure priorities;
- Providing expert advice on funding and financing options for infrastructure, as well as other infrastructure matters;
- Coordinating the State’s submissions to Infrastructure Australia; and
- Supporting the work of agencies in developing their infrastructure strategies, plans and policies.
In his announcement, the Premier also confirmed that Mr John Langoulant AO will be engaged as the Chair-designate, to assist with the establishment and early operation of IWA. An expression of interest will be released in coming months to select and formally appoint other Board members.
Further information on the model for IWA is provided below:
Public consultation on the proposed model was undertaken in February and March 2018. Consultation documents are provided below:
How to stay informed
To subscribe for updates on Infrastructure WA, please email
For all other enquiries, please email
email@example.com or call (08) 6552 6620.