Infrastructure WA latest news
A call for expressions of interest (EOI) for members of the Infrastructure WA Board was advertised on Saturday 11 May 2019. The EOI period will be open until 31 May 2019.
For more information about this EOI, visit:
About Infrastructure WA
The establishment of IWA is a key election commitment as part of the Government’s
Plan for Jobs.
IWA’s purpose will be to provide advice and assistance to the Government on infrastructure related matters. The primary focus for IWA in its initial stages will be the development of a 20-year State Infrastructure Strategy, which will identify infrastructure needs and priorities to support Western Australia’s growing population. This will provide the strategic direction required to encourage private sector investment, facilitate economic growth and create jobs.
Other functions of IWA include:
- Assessing and reporting on major government infrastructure proposals;
- Providing advice to government on infrastructure priorities;
- Providing expert advice on funding and financing options for infrastructure, as well as other infrastructure matters;
- Coordinating the State’s submissions to Infrastructure Australia; and
- Supporting the work of agencies in developing their infrastructure strategies, plans and policies.
Mr John Langoulant AO was announced as the Chair-designate in February 2019, to assist with the establishment and early operation of IWA.
For more information on Infrastructure WA, see our Frequently Asked Questions
Infrastructure Western Australia Bill 2019
Infrastructure WA Bill 2019, to establish Infrastructure WA as a statutory authority, was introduced into Parliament in February 2019.
Public consultation on the proposed model was undertaken in February and March 2018. Consultation documents and summary are provided below:
How to stay informed
To subscribe for updates on Infrastructure WA, please email
For all other enquiries, please email
email@example.com or call (08) 6552 6620.