Office of Science
The Office of Science provides advice to the State Government on science related programs and policy. Key focus areas for the Office of Science include:
- providing leadership and advice on matters related to science;
- building the State’s science capacity;
- playing a key leadership role in coordinating Western Australia's involvement in the Square Kilometre Array;
- supporting science engagement;
- recognising excellence in science; and
- supporting the Chief Scientist of Western Australia.
2015 Premier’s Science Awards Applications Open
Applications for the 2015 Premier's Science Awards are now open.
The Awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of the Western Australian science community.
The 2015 Awards are proudly sponsored by Chevron, ExxonMobil and Woodside.
Applications close Monday 18 May 2015 at 10:00am (WST). For more information and to apply visit the Premier’s Science Awards page and view the media statement.
Science on the Swan Conference
The inaugural Science on the Swan Conference will be held in Perth between 21-23 April 2015.
The focus of the conference will be ‘Hot Topics in Life Course and Development’. The conference will showcase the very best of medical science and health research in Western Australia, and bring together an outstanding international faculty and leading researchers from across Australia.
A number of pre-conference workshops are taking place on Monday 20 April 2015 as part of the extended conference program. Unless specified all workshops are free to attend for conference participants.
- Workshop: Exercise Medicine Research and Clinical Practice in Cancer (Edith Cowan University).
- Workshop: Advances in Personalised Medicine (Murdoch University)
- Workshop: Consumer and Community Participation in Health Research: A Training Workshop for Researchers (NotreDame University)
- Workshop: Microbiome on the Swan: Foundations and Future Directions (Nedlands Yacht Club, registration fee)
For more information and to register your attendance please visit the Science on the Swan conference website.
Western Australian science luminary celebrated
Emeritus Professor Alan Robson’s citation was unveiled on the Western Australian Science Hall of Fame honour board, at an evening reception held at Scitech on 12 March 2015.
Her Excellency the Honourable Kerry Sanderson AO, Governor of Western Australia unveiled the citation and acknowledged Professor Robson’s vast and varied contributions to the Western Australian science community.
For more information visit the News and media page.
Latest announcements and media statements are featured on the News and media page on this website.
- Professor Alan Robson’s WA Science Hall of Fame citation unveiled
- Communicate to Inspire - Chief Scientist addresses science communication conference
- Opportunities for collaboration with Europe in the areas of research, innovation and education
- Australian Museum Eureka Prizes now open
- L'Oreal Australia & New Zealand for Women in Science Fellowships