Office of Science
The Office of Science provides advice to the State Government on science related programs and policy. Key focus areas for the Office of Science include:
- providing leadership and advice on matters related to science;
- building the State’s science capacity;
- supporting science engagement;
- recognising excellence in science; and
- supporting the Chief Scientist of Western Australia.
2014 Premier’s Science Awards
The 2014 Premier’s Science Awards celebrate the State’s best in scientific research and science engagement in four categories.
Applications for the 2014 program open on 28 April.
For more information visit the Premier’s Science Awards page on this website.
Beach Enclosure Trial in progress
The City of Busselton’s beach enclosure trial at the Old Dunsborough Beach is now under way.
The State Government has provided $165,370 to the City of Busselton to run the trial, which will test the suitability of beach enclosures to protect beachgoers from sharks.
For more information view the media statement and visit the Applied Research Program page on this website.